Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday, Day 26

Hola mis amigos!

Today was the most boring day so far in our trip, haha. We started our day with toast before heading to the institute for classes. Our Spanish class didn't start off with songs, which was highly disappointing. I spent my break between classes working on my history paper and then my English class working on my English letter. We have finals tomorrow and for English we have to write a letter for a proposal to solve whatever social/political issue that we chose for our blog 3 entry. I wrote about the budget cuts within public education in Valencia and the effects on teachers, students, and parents. I plan on writing my proposal to the Regional Prime Minister of Education, which will never truly get sent to her. We have to write the letters during our exam time tomorrow. My history final is three parts: a written short essay which is open notes tomorrow, a paper on El Cid that is due before Toledo, and a written portion that we will finish in Toledo. Lots to do before heading home!

After classes, we came home and had lunch with Gemma and Jamel. Gemma made steak sub sandwiches with salad. They were so good!


(Steak sandwiches from Gemma)

I took a little break from homework to hangout until Katie left for her Spanish speaking final exam. I'm so thankful I don't have to have a Spanish final, although I'm pretty sure I could pass with a good grade at this point with all the practice we've been doing. I spent the rest of the afternoon and into the evening working on my paper. Around 6:30, Katie and I decided to get me out of the house and take a break. That lasted all of thirty minutes, long enough for us to walk around the block. We came back to get some more stuff done (aka me working on my paper and Katie playing games on her nook on the porch) before Gemma made us dinner. We had the cold tomato soup stuff again (which tastes like straight cold tomatoes, which I hate), cheese, bread, and hummus. We also had this bread crumb type stuff which we couldn't figure out what it was. Basically we skipped out on the cold soup and ate cheese and bread for dinner, so healthy I know. I will be thankful to get back to our food from back home.


(Interesting dinner prepared by Gemma)

I spent the rest of the night working on my El Cid paper of 1,500 words and finally finished! Four pages, double-spaced and I feel very accomplished. We had a little surprise though when Golfa (the dog from earlier in the trip) made another stop at our homestay! It will nice to finally see my own puppies soon. Tomorrow will be a long, but sad day. Our last day in Valencia! We have finals, a farewell lunch with our professors from the institute, then the rest of the day will be spent packing and saying our goodbyes. We head out on Wednesday morning at 7:45a.m.! The rest of the week is going to fly by. Hasta Luego!

2 comments:

  1. I've been so busy that I've missed out on blog reading for the last week! Finally caught up! I'm so sad you're leaving Valencia. Seems like you had an amazing time and have a lot of great memories. Tell Jamel and Gemma thanks for taking good care of my favorite niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad that we are leaving too. I'm excited to go to Granada, Cordoba, and Toledo, but I'm disappointed that we have to leave our friends in Valencia and our host parents. It has been the most rewarding experience & I'm so thankful I was able to be a part of it! I'm glad that you're still enjoying the blog!

    ReplyDelete