HOLA MIS AMIGOS!
We got on
the bus this morning at 6:45 am to take an hour bus ride to the Madrid airport!
We were all so ready to get home to our families that we were all on time and
on the road by 7am, right on time for the first time ever! We were all in good
spirits and had some pretty good laughs this morning. We even got to see the
sunrise as we were leaving town. One of the boys even wore his crazy pants he
bought on the flight home, such a group of silly people.
A big HAPPY
FATHER’S DAY to the best daddy a girl could ask for. I know he was so thankful
to have me home in time, hehe. But seriously, huge thanks go out to my parents
for making this trip possible for me. I wouldn’t have been able to have this
experience without their help. As cliché as it is, it was an experience of a
lifetime with one of my best friends that I wouldn’t change for the world.
Katie and I managed to live together for an entire month without killing each
other and becoming closer by the day! I will be able to look back on this trip
and have so many fantastic memories with classmates and great friends. Living
with a host family, in a foreign country, immersed in a different culture was
challenging, but awesome, every single day. I will miss Valencia, but I hope
one day I will be able to go visit my Spain parents and my friends I made there
again! So THANK YOU MOM AND DAD! Very happy to be safe and sound back in the
United States with you guys, the pups, and my friends. Now it’s two months of
summer of working two jobs, making some money, and enjoying the summer while I
can. Now the countdown to see Paul in a few weeks begins!
In the last
month:
I’ve had
eight plane rides, over a dozen bus rides (varying from 2-6 hours at a time),
seen two different countries (not including Switzerland for our layover), and
stayed in six different cities (2 in Greece, 4 in Spain- not including Madrid
and Zurich). A little crazy to think about!
The lingo I used almost every day:
Hola – Hello
Adios – Goodbye
Hasta Manana - Good morning!
Hasta Luego - See you later!
Puedo tener… agua, una cerveza, un vaso de vino blanco - Can I have… water, a beer, a glass of white wine?
Cuanto Cuesta? – How much is this?
Donde esta el bano, un calle de… – Where is…. The bathroom, the ____ street?
Que es esto? – What is this? (Comes in handy with food!!!)
I could go on for days, but these were the phrases I used every single day, without a doubt.
Hola – Hello
Adios – Goodbye
Hasta Manana - Good morning!
Hasta Luego - See you later!
Puedo tener… agua, una cerveza, un vaso de vino blanco - Can I have… water, a beer, a glass of white wine?
Cuanto Cuesta? – How much is this?
Donde esta el bano, un calle de… – Where is…. The bathroom, the ____ street?
Que es esto? – What is this? (Comes in handy with food!!!)
I could go on for days, but these were the phrases I used every single day, without a doubt.
No comments:
Post a Comment